Friday, April 10, 2009

Maybe I Am

People accuse me of being a hippie. I know for many of my friends the word has bad connotations. It's true I have a large collection of grains and legumes stored in mason jars in my kitchen. I gravitate towards colorful muumuu style dresses and like to be go without shoes. I love hiking, sex without condoms, mate tea sipped from a gourd, yoga, folk music, acoustic guitar and foraging for edible plants. On most days I have strong body odor. I dream of living on a farm, perhaps a commune, and owning donkeys and goats. So maybe I am, I hope not completely. On this blog though, I will explore the hippie side of myself, from macrobiotic cooking and herbal remedies to any pyschedelic drug use and my recent venture into community gardening. Here is the hippie in me, judge as you will.

1 comment: